Monday, March 15, 2010

You Look Amazing

The moments arrive in life that one does not want to avoid. These are those same situations that are referred to as 'opportunity". Once on such crossroads you have to make a choice. This choice could be made simply without giving much a thought or else thought over continuously.

At this point I would like to tell you that i am a sort of person that mistakes every thing for an "opportunity", for it has to be clear that any person of sound mind, conscious and profiteering will always want to make the best use of this 'opportunity".

Now further it does not require for me to clear that I am of most sound a mind that could have ever been born on this earth or any other planet. So I am a thinker of every such "opportunity" that comes my way.

The there's a particular "opportunity" that I would now like to reserve my attention on. this "opportunity" came my way around a month ago. I have thought over it for a month long now (as I said before I am of 'sound mind') and have gone through the choices. I have applied all my knowledge, that I have gained through the past 23 years of my life . I am still indecisive.

Well I guess you must be wondering about this so called 'opportunity' that had made my mind boggle for a month now, but sit tight its not time yet.

For a clue this "opportunity" does not involve any sort of studies (though remotely), so it will be better than a torturous tale of my 'to give or not to give my CA attempt this winter 2010' or 'Would i pass in my MA papers?'. Well they are hectic subjects that wont bother to write about. And further I also cannot guarantee that the subject thats puzzling my mind will interest you at all. After all its matter of your perspective.

Well a month ago I was sanctioned a duty from office which required me to visit a Company in Gurgaon. At this point I cant help bragging about my residence in Ghaziabad (U.P.), its a distance of nearly 50 Km that one needs to cover to reach to Gurgaon. if somebody asks me what worst can a person suffer I am sure to tell him "THIS IS!!". Its suffocating and backbreaking and I don't even want to start about time loss.

Nonetheless, this Company I was assigned to is a MNC which has started its operations in India quite recently. It has a line of professionals working hired from here and and personnel which it has brought with it from abroad. The hiring in this firm was still on and definitely every department was understaffed.

I was suppose to meet a representative from this company, a one Mr. D. He is a quite person with a pleasant personality. I have only read about the MNC's and their enormous power building in any country and also of their networks so wide, some say they also have a upper hand in politics of the nations, I definitely can't testify for this.

Mr. D was the person who elaborated to me the required details of the job I was to perform at this gigantic Corporation. He said, "Well this is just a foot in the water, the fishes are still to be caught." Well I suppose that meant market capturing.

In next six days what I learnt I can not account, but what I really can say is that I was quite impressed by the form of coherent structure they had build here in such a short time span. The hiring process was complete and they had 70:30 ratio between Indians and Foreigners working for them.

Now the interesting point is that all the company workers have lunch together provided at the cafe in the Company's premises. It is at this premise that I met a Finance CEO's secretary Ms. L. We sat at the same table where I sat. It was so obvious she didn't had anybody along. It was also sure she knew I was alone too ( for I sat in a table for two and she had asked before if that other seat was empty).

I don't usually am bothered by sitting and eating in front of anybody. MS. L here as I should tell does not belong to the 70% of Indians working in this Company. So here was my reason to feel conscious by this particular female sitting in front. I keep fighting that war in my head that all males do when surrounded by females who are alluring all the way.

The war in my head to speak a word or just let it be a lunch on a table with some unknown person. After all i was just an outsourse to this company. Any ill-will would smash me.

But I regained my courage and tried to speak. I found it as hard as Taxation Exam I gave last year. I felt my heart would come out popping on the table. Why does a non country women make me so nervous. I kept repeating to myself that she is just a human.

Well her lunch was near to an end when I popped, "You Look Amazing."


No comments: